Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Spontaneous Moments

It's been a while, hasn't it? Here's the thing with me: if you don't see a blog post for an extended amount of time, that usually means I'm off having crazy adventures. Don't get me wrong, I love sharing my experiences with you. You're a wonderful group of readers, and I'm grateful for the 5000+ hits you guys have given me over the past year (did I mention that I broke 5000 hits?). Sometimes, I just gotta live life so I have some stories to share with you. It's not you, it's me.

That being said, I did have a wild and crazy night in Seoul over the weekend that included silent discos, a horse and a wizard, and at one point a secret underground club inside another underground club. I love that city.

My best moment, however, was looking at my camera on the train ride back home the next morning. I had taken some crazy pictures throughout the night, but had one that really put a smile on my face.
I'm a sap for spontaneous moments, and they don't get much better than that. One girl wanted me to take a picture of her and her boyfriend, so I happily obliged. Before I knew it, she grabbed his chin and gave him this kiss that made all the girls in the region (and myself as well...) swoon. I was lucky enough to capture that moment and do it some justice.

That is what photography is all about: capturing spontaneous moments. I'm not the best photographer...I just am good at capturing a moment. 

My film work is staring to reflect that same mentality. Like I said, I'm not the best filmmaker. I'm good at capturing my moments. Ever since I got my 7D (and shortly after, my 5D), I've been logging my travels with literally thousands of clips. I took a hard look at them, and in the sea of files I had a demo reel waiting to be edited. It started off as a demo, but quickly turned into a tribute to the beauty of travel. It was the perfect reminder of why I do what I do.

Here's the video below, with music by the lovely Kelsey James.



Life is out there just waiting to be lived. Go make some spontaneous moments happen. Trust me, those moments become memories that last a lifetime. I've been truly blessed. I've had a lifetime's worth of memories, and I still have so much more living to do. So what are you waiting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment