Thursday, December 29, 2011

Happy New Year!

With only 2 more days left in 2011 (3 more if you're in the USA), it only seemed appropriate to wish you all a wonderful New Year's Eve and Day!

It's been a crazy year, filled with travel, loss, sorrow, adventure, laughs, smiles, many new friends, and nearly 50,000 frequent flier miles on my Star Alliance card. Seriously guys, when are you upgrading me to First Class?

I restarted this blog last December, and since then Adventures of the Orange Sweater has logged nearly 7,000 page views. I want to thank each and every one of you for letting me share this grand adventure with you. It's been a privilege so far, and I hope you've enjoyed the journey thus far.

2012 has plenty to offer as well! For AOTOS, I'll start 2012 with Cambodia and my last couple months in Korea. It promises to be very bittersweet as I come back to the United States, but I won't have too much time to dwell on it. My biggest project yet begins in June, sandwiched between Film Festivals and planning an even bigger project for sometime late in 2012. I can't say much yet, but if everything works out...well, let's just say I might need a whole lot of extra pages inserted in my Passport...

I plan on ringing in 2012 the only way I know how: with friends, adventure, and my 5DmkII around my shoulder. Expect a new post early in the new year.

For 2012, I challenge you to go somewhere new and exciting. Many of us don't travel nearly enough, and we make so many excuses not to do so. I promise you, it's worth it. Traveling opens your mind and gives you perspective. You learn so much when you throw yourself out of your comfort zone. Trust me. Life is amazing...but you have to make it happen! 

Have a safe New Year everyone! I'll see you in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment