Thursday, December 1, 2011

Party Rock!

One of my favorite things to do with my kids is to break down boundaries and get them to do things they never thought they could do. Not gonna lie, that backfires...alot. Sometimes though, I can get them to do cool stuff like this:

Wawoo Middle School Flashmob - Party Rock Anthem by Ryan_Abella
Education wise, this breaks all the rules...probably because we're having too much fun. I thought about it for a while, and I realized that these kids are my friends. They are friends that, whether I like or not, I will have to leave behind in 5 months. That's hard to think about because as their teacher I've developed a relationship with them and I can say, with all my heart, I love each and every one of my students. Tears will flow I'm sure, but until that day I'll push them to do things like this. I've learned way more from them than I thought possible, and that's something that sticks with you forever. I'm hoping they feel the same way.

Oh yea, and I have a fohawk now. Party Rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment