Friday, January 20, 2012

It's funny...nature and technology just don't seem to get along. Ever.

In Cambodia, the first issue is moisture. It's everywhere. Even dry season is humid and hot. One of the big issues, especially with camera gear, is moisture inside the lens. Currently, all my gear is sitting on my bed with the AC on trying to dry out a bit. I haven't had too many problems this trip, as most of the days have been quite dry. But for precision instruments like cameras, you don't want to take any chances.

The second issue, which is something that perplexes me, is the ants. Now my mother might say otherwise, but since living in Korea I've learned to be a much cleaner guy. This goes double for my computer and my gear. I rely on it too much to be dirty and disgusting.

In the past couple days, these little red ants have been exploring the inner depths of my Macbook Pro. I know they're in there because, every once in a while, one would pop out of my space bar to see what all the commotion was about. It's weird...but frankly, as long as they bugger off in the next day or two, no harm no foul. I don't mind a few hitchhikers.

1 comment:

  1. Frank Kelly AbellaJanuary 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM

    Wait till a centipede pops out..yeah...

    ReplyDelete