Thursday, March 15, 2012

Festival Season!

One of the best moments in my short lived film career so far was my experience in Africa. And, for the past 2 years, I've been fortunate enough to be reliving that experience over and over again throughout the post production stages of "Roots of Happiness." Now is the fun part....

This week, Roots of Happiness will be making its US film festival premiere at the Sun Valley Film Festival in Idaho. We have already been shown at the Boreal Woods Film Festival in Canada and won the award for "Best Documentary." Things are starting to heat up, as we are officially scheduled to play at the Lewiston-Auburn Film Festival in April and the Black Hills Film Festival in May, and I'm sure we'll be seeing more festivals start appearing in the very near future.

I'm very excited, especially because the exposure that this story is getting so far has been extremely positive for both the people working on the film and our ultimate mission: funding the education of these kids. Activism through film is kinda in the spotlight these days...especially after the storm that was KONY2012. I won't go into that too much, but know that the team behind "Roots" is committed to getting as much money as possible to this education fund. Our mission is to raise awareness and funds for this cause, with no administrative costs and a film that has already been fully funded and produced.

I'll keep you guys updated as things progress. It's a great time to do what I do, and I'm so glad that this story has the opportunity to be shown around the nation and even the world. If you haven't checked out the trailer, check it out below. Thanks everyone for following, and I should hopefully have some big news for you guys in the months to come!


The Roots Of Happiness - Official Trailer from Purekix on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment