Wednesday, February 13, 2013

New Zealand 2013 - There And Back Again

2013 is taking off, and the Orange Sweater is going to have a busy year. I'm working on a massive film project that, because of how much game-changing potential it has, I'm not allowed to go into detail about what exactly I'm filming.

I can, however, talk about where I'm going and the adventures I'm about to go on. The first leg of this project takes me and my team (yes, I have a team!) to someplace very familiar:
About one week from now my team is going to New Zealand for filming. Our project is taking us all over the North and South Islands, and we're packing an entire month full of hiking, bungy jumping, surfing, spelunking, wildlife adventuring, and all around awesomeness...all captured on video.

For myself, this is a homecoming 5 years in the making. I always knew I would return back to New Zealand. It was my first home-away-from-home, and the first place I travelled and made lifelong friends. Every place I've been to since then has been compared to that 6 months I spent studying in Hamilton. It's a country that has always held a special place in my life and shaped me into the globetrotter I am today. This time around, I get to see all the places I couldn't while doing something that I love...and get paid to do it.

The next month is going to be wild and crazy, and there's alot of camera time to come. Although most of it will be for this project and I can't show you what exactly we're creating (not until September, at least)...I'll be able to sneak pics of behind the scenes and some of the rad stuff we're doing. It'll all be coming to you as we do it, and I hope you enjoy the ride as much as I will.

I can't tell you how incredible it was for me to see that New Zealand Visa in my passport again. It reminded me that most people aren't as lucky as me. They don't get to do what I do and see what I get to see while pursing their career and passion at the same time. I was also reminded of how time flies. 2008 seemed like it was yesterday. I can still smell the grassy hills of Waikato and feel the breeze whipping off the ocean at 90-mile beach. I was 19, and the world seemed so big. In 5 short years, the world got smaller. I got faster, older, wiser, and a little fatter all at the same time (yea, figure out how that works). 

It's been a long time, but I think I'm quite ready for another adventure! See you in New Zealand!

1 comment:

  1. So excited for you Ry-Guy!!! Can’t wait to hear about the ‘rad stuff’, and for how jealous you are soon to be making me! xoxo

    ReplyDelete